Asparagus is a star of the season, as a side dish to any main course — chicken, fish, pork, beef, or lamb — or as a salad topped with a squeeze of lemon juice.
Active time: 15 min Start to finish: 30 min
YIELD: Makes 4 servings
- 1 1/2 lb medium asparagus (24), trimmed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Special equipment: 8 (6-inch) wooden skewers, soaked in warm water 10 minutes
- Prepare grill.
- Divide asparagus into 4 bunches. Align each bunch in a flat row and thread 2 skewers crosswise through each bunch (see photo, above). Brush asparagus with oil and season with kosher salt.
- Grill asparagus on an oiled rack set 5 to 6 inches over glowing coals until tender, 3 to 5 minutes on each side.
• The parallel skewers make it easier to turn the asparagus. • If outdoor grilling isn't an option, asparagus may also be grilled in a well-seasoned ridged grill pan over moderately high heat.
Additional photo credit to: https://napafarmersmarket.org/grilled-asparagus-spears/
Strawberry and Spinach Salad with Sesame Vinaigrette