It's Tomato Time at Market!
Vine-ripened tomatoes are in season. Weather you like Cherry, Heirloom, or Early Girl tomatoes, our farmers have an abundance of varieties that can't be found at the grocery store!
Recipe: Heirloom Tomato & Fruit Salad
HEIRLOOM TOMATO & PEACH SALAD
- 2 medium Heirloom tomatoes of your choice
- a handful of cherry tomatoes
- 1 nectarine, pitted and cut into wedges
- 1 yellow peach, pitted and cut into wedges
- a few slivers red onion
- 3 mint leaves, minced
- 1½ teaspoon sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons goat cheese
- freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
Gently toss tomatoes, nectarine, peach, onion and mint in a bowl. Drizzle vinegar and olive oil on top and toss gently. Arrange on salad plates. Sprinkle with goat cheese and black pepper. Drizzle a little olive oil on top, if desired.